Teach the Teacher - Children with Asthma
27th - 29th April 2019
A 3-tier IPCRG Teach the Teacher programme on improving diagnosis and management of children with asthma. Funded for 100% Tier 1; 50% Tier 2 and 3.
- Tier 1: At the tier 1 international meeting in Kuala Lumpur, IPCRG international faculty and educational leaders from Malaysia, Singapore, Spain and the US worked together with the IPCRG master faculty to co-create a master curriculum on how to teach as well as key clinical content on diagnosis and management of children with asthma.
- Tier 2: 20 participants ("national teachers") in Malaysia were taught by the Malaysian master teachers using their adapted curriculum. The Spanish team including paediatricians and our group GRAP Spain scheduled a meeting for March 2020; postponed due to COVID-19.
- Tier 3: Malaysian national teachers have now rolled this out to the frontline, and, pre-COVID-19 were already planning for Tier 4!
- Clinical content: national and international guidelines, Lenney et al 2018 (Thorax 2018) and 2019 (Lancet Respiratory Medicine 2019)
- IPCRG Expert faculty
- Funded and collaboration with GSK
- Participant evaluation
- Publication: A Worldwide Charter for all children with asthma (Pediatric Pulmonology 2020)
Teach the Teacher Malaysia