Delivering Asthma Right Care for Community Pharmacists
Asthma affects up to 1 in 10 people globally. Living well with asthma depends on avoiding triggers and using good, safe medicines in the right way at the right time. However, there is currently much sub-optimal use of medicine. Community pharmacy can be an important part of the asthma pathway and powerful change agents. This webinar will update on major changes in international guidelines that highlight asthma is an inflammatory condition and for safety no-one over 12 should be treated with a short-acting beta-agonist (SABA) alone without inhaled corticosteroids. You will hear from community pharmacists in the Asthma Right Care social movement about how to have impactful conversations about personal, national and international change and how to make it happen.
Access a recording of the extremely engaging and practical 90 minute webinar for community pharmacists on Asthma Right Care led by our community pharmacy team and hosted by FIP, the international society for pharmacists, on 5 July here: https://youtu.be/jqbCp1SKzV8
Lots of important questions from the audience were covered in the discussion:
- What constitutes emergency situations for asthma in general?
- SABA only treatment is not recommended in management of asthma, how about its role in COPD?
- Is there a place for SABA-only use in exercise-induced asthma?
- How can we participate in Asthma Right Care?
- Ema Paulino, General Manager Ezfy, Portugal
- Francesc Moranta Ribas, Community Pharmacist, Farmacia Sanz Guiilén, Spain
- Darush Attar-Zadeh, Respiratory Lead Pharmacist, Community Pharmacy Locum Independent Prescriber, Cross Chemist North Central London Clinical Commissioning Group, UK
- Debbie Rigby, Director, Pharmeducation Clinical Associate Professor, Queensland University of Technology, Brisbane, Australia
Webinar for hospital pharmacists 15 July
Access this joint FIP Asthma Right Care webinar here: https://events.fip.org/previous-fip-digital-events/?event=811